Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wells Fargo B & E


This is one of the saddest stories I've ever read.  Wells Fargo hired a crew to break in to an elderly couples home, steal all of their stuff and destroy it.  The nefarious bank was under the impression that they owned a mortgage on the house, which in fact they did not!  The owners of the home had literally built it with their own two hands.  Now after raising three generations of their family in their dessert home every single item they have ever owned was taken and destroyed in a matter of hours.  A CBS affiliate in LA had this to say about the situation:

A crew broke into Alvin and Pat Tjosaas’ desert home and took everything after being directed by Wells Fargo to secure the structure.

The couple, however, didn’t have a mortgage on the home.

Alvin said the deputy sheriff said, “Good news, we know who took (your possessions)…Wells Fargo. Bad news, your stuff is all gone.”

The couple seem pretty forgiving about this situation being quoted as saying:

“When you put your heart into something…it makes me real sad. I’m just glad I have my sweetheart. We’ve been together a long time,”

This make's him real sad, if a bank came in and stole every worldly possession of mine that I had accumulated over decades I would be furious, there would be no end to the obscenities and threats coming out of my mouth.What does the bank have to say for themselves?

“We are deeply sorry for the very personal losses the Tjosaas family suffered as a result of their home being mistakenly secured,” said Alfredo Padilla. “We are moving quickly to reach out to the family to resolve this unfortunate situation in an attempt to right this wrong.”

Whether the victims of this crime get paid some large sum doesn't change the fact that there were almost certainly irreplaceable relics of their children's past as well as unique keepsake that the couple had acquired over years of being together.  Stuff that money cannot buy.  So what I want to know is, who is going to jail for this?   

If I were to break in to someones home to take all their stuff and then got caught I would be arrested on the spot.  Yet an entire crew worth of people went in to this home illegally and a banker sent the word to the crew to go on this heist.  Sounds to me like a kingpin and his cronies just admitted to their crimes.  So when are they going to be arrested?

As mad as I am I had to do a bit more research on this subject and it ends up that the home was actually Alvin Tjosaas' parents home, who he was the caretaker of.  It still had tons of Alvins tools, his fathers WWI uniform, an American flag and appliances that were all taken.  Then to add insult to injury, when they came back to check on it a few days later another crew hired by Well Fargo had made the same mistake and cleared out the remainder of the house.

I can't take it anymore I am fuming over this story, go to ABC to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment