Monday, November 4, 2013

Man Jailed for Overdue Library Book


According to KFVS:

Fines for overdue library books are typical, but a Texas man spent time behind bars for a book he failed to return.

Thanks to a city ordinance in Copperas Cove, TX.

***

Jory Enck was the latest patron to have the book thrown at him.

He was picked up last week after police noticed he had the active warrant and booked for not returning library materials.

If there was ever a case that portrayed the extreme depths of the police state we live in, this is it.  

I moved from Virginia to Texas last year and during the move happened to liberate a handful of library books from the Dominion to the Lone Star State.  

When I did my taxes at the end of the year I found that a sizable chunk of my return went towards paying the library back for the books I expropriated.  

I guess I should be thankful I wasn't extradited back to the east coast to face charges for overdue library books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment