Friday, November 8, 2013

Police Run Over Man on Bike on Purpose


According to ABC:

"They almost killed me, they almost killed me and that's not justified. That's not justifiable," Juan Mario Lugo said.
He says it began when he and his father Robert got into a heated argument and his father called police to calm him down.

"I called the police officers, but they responded the wrong way cause I told them, 'it's no emergency or anything,'" Robert Lugo said.

But responding officers thought Juan was involved in a robbery and witnesses say they chase him down as he was riding his bike near 5th and Lycoming.

"I see them, they make a U-turn, they came right behind him and instead of cutting him off real short and nicely, they jumped the curb, hit him with the car, he goes up in the air and that was it," witness Roberto Aponte said.
"Didn't hear no sirens. And boom, right into the man. Squished him in half. I thought he was dead," witness Sandra LaPorte said.


"They seen him and it was like he was wanted for murder, I mean look at that, look at that cop car, that doesn't make no sense," Mario's brother Robert Lugo, Jr. said.

I guess Juan Mario Lugo was not properly informed that police officers can do whatever they want.  Running someone over with their car is the least violent way they could have subdued him.  

To be honest I would not have been surprised if they shot him with a taser from their moving vehicle, then proceeded to unleash a K-9 on him while kicking him in the face and pepper spraying him.  Just a little tap with the car... he got away easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment